Saturday, July 30, 2011

Photo Friday...on Saturday

Well I totally forgot about Photo Friday, for the past 2 Fridays, so I thought I had better not wait another week and post one today. Saturday.
This is a picture I took recently. I have never seen such a pimped out bug before. Isn't it the coolest?
Its a Golden Tortoise Beetle - Charidotella sexpunctata
You can see my reflection (mostly the camera)on it! I am the big blob and the little blob to the right is my daughter. So neat. I found out these like to eat Morning Glory leaves (thats the leaf it is on). I dont mind since they are such cool bugs and Morning Glory vines are a pest also.
Here is another. You can see that its legs and head aren't sticking out in this shot, hence the Tortoise in their name. 

On another note. My Shabby Apple knockoff dress made the top 10 over at The CSI project. YAY!
Visit thecsiproject.com





1 comments:

Unknown said...

Lizzy Stop! That can't be a real bug? I'm not a bug fan, but that is the coolest bug I've ever seen! Cool pictures.

Post a Comment

I would SO love to hear from you!